Message from Pastor Eric
We wish you a heart-felt welcome to our Reformed Baptist Church in Asheboro, NC area! It is our prayer that the information that you find here will offer encouragement and instruction, as well as an invitation to join us for a service. We believe that you will find Providence a place of warm fellowship, but, more importantly, a place where the Word of God is pre-eminent. Our desire is to grow in the knowledge of Christ by growing in our understanding of God’s Word. Providence is a expository preaching church where the sufficiency of the Word and the sovereignty of His Grace are declared!
We are NOT meeting at our Hwy 64 location. We have moved to 275-A Rock Crusher Road, Asheboro (Off of Salisbury St, behind Mall). Our Service Times are: 10AM – Morning Worship; 11:45AM – Discipleship (Sunday School); 12:30 – Fellowship Meal. Our Mid Week service is conducted by Bible Studies (Women’s, Men’s, etc…). Please call me or email me for times and subject matter.
We value corporate worship with others of like precious faith and welcome the opportunity to help those who are seeking to know more about God. If you have any questions about the Bible or about what we believe and practice, please don’t hesitate to ask. We would count it a privilege to discuss God’s Word with you.
Many folks have specific questions about our church. The following list will help explain what we see as our distinctives.
- We believe expository preaching is the wisest and most biblical sound choice among preaching methods. Expository preaching explains what the Bible says, what it means by what it says, and how it applies to life.
- We seek to be Word-based and Christ-focused(cross-centered, gospel-centered) in all our ministries.
- We affirm the historic Doctrines of Grace. These doctrines related to God’s sovereignty in salvation prompt God-centered ministry as opposed to a focus on man.
- We are missions-minded, emphasizing both local evangelism and the support of missions around the world.
- We are elder-led, and congregational rule, which is the biblical model of church government.
- We utilize the best of the historic hymns of the faith, along with the best of contemporary songs, in a blended music format that exalts Christ.
- We observe believer’s baptism by immersion. This is the only water baptism we find discussed in Scripture.
- We believe in God’s clear definition of marriage as found in both the Old and New Testaments: a true marriage is the unique binding of one man to one woman.